Insight Analytics Flow Traffic
Selecting Overview → Analytics → Insight Analytics Flow → Traffic displays the Flow Traffic dashboard.
The Traffic tab is highlighted.
Usage Note: Before any analytics are collected, add a Fabric and install and activate a valid license.
Using the UNUM Insight Analytics Flow Traffic Panel.
The Traffic tab displays the following information:
- Top L4 Services by Bytes – displays the quantity of traffic by types such as https, http, and more.
- Top Clients by Bytes – displays the top client traffic in bytes by host name.
- Bytes by State – displays the number of bytes in a state.
- Top Servers by Bytes – displays the server with the highest number of connections in descending order.
- Top Server Domains by Bytes – displays the top server domains with the number of bytes in a state.
- Top Switches by Bytes – displays the switches with the highest traffic.
- App Count – displays the unique count by application over the selected time.
- Connection Count – displays total number of connections over the selected time.
- Top Servers by Average Total Bytes (for FIN/RST) – displays the top servers with the average total bytes in the state of FIN or RST.
- Top Clients by Average Total Bytes (for FIN/RST) – displays the top clients with the average total bytes in the state of FIN or RST.
- Top Servers by Connection in RST state and 0 bytes – displays the top servers in the specified state.
Insight Analytics Flow Traffic Details
You drilldown into the data by selecting any widget in the dashboard and clicking on an area of interest. Search and Filtering functions work in an identical manner as described under the Common Features - Search & Filtering section.
Each widget contains a pie chart with a color legend that labels each slice of information with a specific color.
When you place your cursor over a name in the legend, the corresponding slice is highlighted in the pie chart. Also, when you place your cursor over a slice, a summary of the information generating the slice is displayed.
In addition to the pie charts, there are two panels that identify the number of applications running on the network, and the number of connections on the networks.
Also, App Count, Connection Count, Average Connection Latency in microseconds, Bytes Timeline by State and Bytes by Switch are displayed.
For example, in the Top Server Domains by Bytes widget, if you click on the top domain, pluribusnetworks.com.
Displaying UNUM Insight Analytics Flow Traffic Details
The Insight Analytics Flow Details table displays connection details by switch name.
Figure 1 - Insight Analytics Flow Traffic Details
The Insight Details panel lists each connection and the details in the same manner as in the Connection Dashboard explained here in the documentation.