ZTP - Zero Touch Provisioning
ZTP provides you with a method to configure bare metal switches in a convenient manner.
The ZTP workflow comprises:
- Having the requisite information on-hand including: Hostname, IP Address, MAC Address, Device ID / Service Tag
- Logging in to your Pluribus Networks Cloud Account.
Pluribus Networks Cloud License Activation Interface
- Activating a License in your cloud account.
- Proceed to Activations and select the license to install on the switches.
- Enter the Device ID / Service Tag for each switch and Activate.
- Once the switches are activated, download the activation keys to perform offline provisioning. Note: This is for offline provisioning only.
- Download an ONIE Installer from the downloads section for offline provisioning. Note: This is for offline provisioning only.
Note: The Device ID /Service Tag and MAC address information can be found in the order documentation or on the sticker attached to the physical switch.
- Installing and activating the license in UNUM.
- Login to your UNUM instance and proceed to License from the Configuration Dashboard. → License
UNUM Configuration License
- Select PN Cloud and enter your account login information.
Pluribus Cloud Login
- Configuring a ZTP Server. Go to ZTP Server.
- Entering the required host information.
- Configuring a ZTP Switch. Go to ZTP Switch.
- Entering the required switch information. Refer to requisite information above.
- Powering up the switches (no UNUM control).
- Monitoring the provisioning process and waiting for the switch to come online indicated by the Status indicator in the ZTP Switch dashboard.
Functions included in ZTP are:
Pluribus Networks provides a series of instructional videos available to assist you in configuring Fabrics and using ZTP. These are: