Configuring Ports for Different Throughput
By default, ports on the switches are configured as 40Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports. You use them as 4 x 10GbE with the right transceiver. To refer to the 40GbE port, use the first port number of the port group.
For example, the first 40GbE port, in the example above, Netvisor ONE refers to as port 49 for 40GbE use and as ports 49, 50, 51, and 52 for 4/10Gb use.
To change the 40GbE port to 4x10GbE functionality, use the following command sequence:
CLI (network-admin@Leaf1) > port-config-modify port 49-52 speed 10g
To change the port back to 40Gb operation, use the following command sequence:
CLI (network-admin@Leaf1) > port-config-modify port 49 speed 40g
Netvisor ONE sets the default port speed to 10G and you can modify the parameters of a port:
- Interface number — you can change the physical interface number.
- Speed — you can disable the port or set the speed to 10m, 100m, 1g, 2.5g, 10g, or 40g.
- Egress rate — limit the egress rate or set to unlimited.
- Ethernet mode type — set the mode type to 1000base-x, sgmii, autonegotiate
- Auto-negotiation of physical port — set to auto-negotiation or no auto-negotiation.
- Jumbo frames — set to jumbo frames or no jumbo frames on physical port.
- Enable or disable a port
- LACP priority — between 1 and 65535
- Reflect — received frames are reflected for loopback testing.
- Edge-switch — Specify if the port connects to another Netvisor ONE device or uplinks to a third-party switch or host.
- Pause — pause traffic on the port.
- Description — description of the port
- Loopback — specify loopback
- VXLAN termination — physical port vxlan termination setting.
- Mirror-receive — receive mirrored traffic only.
- MAC address — specify a MAC address for the port.
- Sending port number — specify if the port number sends traffic.
- VLAN looping — looping vlans
- Routing — routing or no on physical ports
- Defer port — defer bring-up
- Host-enable or disable — Host facing port control setting
- CRC-check-enable or disable — CRC check on ingress and rewrite on egress
- DSCP-map — DSCP map name to enable on port
- Local-switching or no-local-switching — no-local-switching port cannot bridge traffic to another no-local-switching port.
- TPID VLAN — Allowed TPID in addition to 0x8100 on Vlan header
- Fabric-guard — fabric guard configuration
- FEC mode — port forward error correction (FEC) mode