Guidelines to Remember While Configuring sFlow
There are some guidelines to consider while configuring the sFlow monitoring feature:
- The sFlow monitoring system is a local scoped feature.
- You can configure the sFlow sample rate between the range 256-16000, by default the sample rate is set to 4096. To disable the sFlow sampling, configure the sample rate to zero (0) .
- The sFlow Agent ID is typically a switch management IP address and indicates the originator or sample frames provider.
- The sFlow monitoring system supports only IPv4 sampling.
- The sFlow sample type can be either raw or cooked mode, and the default mode is raw.
- By default, the counter-polling-interval is 2 seconds and the available range is 1-120 seconds. However, to disable the counter sampling, you can set the interval to zero (0).
- The CLI parameter, sample-pkt-cnt is the actual sampled packets from the sFlow Agent.
- The sFlow Collector configuration requires the Collector IP address and Collector port list.
- The sFlow Collector configuration can be local or fabric scoped feature.
- You can configure multiple collector configurations, however, the first or the latest available Collector is selected for sending the sampled packets.
- The egress sflow samples do not make modification to the packets in the egress pipeline(for example, VLAN translation, VXLAN header encap).