ZTP Software & License
Software & License
Selecting Overview → Manage → ZTP → Software & License displays the ONIE configuration dashboard.
The Software & License workflow comprises:
- Downloading an Netvisor ONE ONIE software installer.
- Setting the default software installer.
- Provisioning the switch.
- Activating the switch.
- Confirming the switch is activated and listed in PN Cloud Activated Assets.
Available Software (ONIE) Installers are displayed in the dashboard.
You must download and activate the desired version using Download and Set Default.
Once the Installer is downloaded you will see it as "Available" in the dashboard.
Any existing Switches are displayed in the dashboard along with any Activation Keys options.
You display PN Cloud Activated Assets by clicking on the PN Cloud Activated Assets tab. Parameters include:
- Device ID
- Serial No.
- Software Version
- Last Connect
ZTP Software & License Dashboard
Once an ONIE installer is downloaded and activated the dashboard updates accordingly.
ZTP Software Dashboard ONIE Installer Activated
To configure a Switch click on Provision and enter the required information which includes:
- Hostname – This will become the hostname of the switch.
- IP – IP Address
- MAC – MAC Address. You can retrieve this information your order receipt or from the back of the target Switch or on the shipping container label.
- Device ID – Device ID. You can retrieve this information from your order receipt, the sticker on the Switch or via the onie-syseeprom command from the ONIE prompt by using a Console session to login to the target Switch.
- License Type – Select appropriate license from drop-down list. You must obtain the requisite license from the Pluribus Networks Cloud.
Note: You may download software directly from the Pluribus Networks Cloud. Instructions to access the Pluribus Networks Cloud (cloud.pluribusnetworks.com) are provided after the purchase of a UNUM license. A username and password are required to allow downloading of software. If you do not have credentials for the Pluribus Customer Support Portal, please register your product and you will receive your username and password in 1-business day.
Product Registration - http://www.pluribusnetworks.com/support/product-registration/
ZTP Software Provision Switch Settings
When the required information is entered click Add Next to provision another switch.
If no other switches are to be provisioned click Done to proceed with provisioning or click Cancel to return to the previous screen.
The Software & License dashboard displays the switch to be Activated.
ZTP Software Provision Switch Dashboard - Activate
Click the Activate button to activate the switch. To delete a switch entry click on the Trash Bin icon.
Once the switch is activated you will receive a confirmation message and the dashboard updates accordingly.
ZTP Software Provision Switch Dashboard - Activated Switch
The dashboard contains the information you provided during the provisioning step.
To deactivate a switch, click on Deactivate.
You display PN Cloud Activated Assets by clicking on the PN Cloud Activated Assets tab to review the data for your newly activated switch.
ZTP Software Provision Switch Dashboard - PN Cloud Activated Assets
To delete a switch entry click on the Trash Bin icon. A Confirm Delete dialog window appears with detailed instructions on how to complete the deletion.
ZTP Software Provision Switch Dashboard - Delete Switch
Click Delete to continue or click Cancel to return to the previous screen without making any changes.
After the Software & License and Switch Activation is complete you can proceed to ZTP Hostfile.