Pluribus UNUM™ Unified Management, Automation and Analytics Platform Software is an application portal developed by Pluribus Networks that enables the network administrator to extract the analytical value from the telemetry data reported by the network switches powered by the Pluribus Networks Netvisor® ONE network operating system.
Once data is collected, UNUM relies upon a modern search engine database infrastructure to store, aggregate, filter, correlate and visualize vast amounts of data in real-time as well as with a powerful time machine functionality.
The Pluribus UNUM portal provides a collection of feature-rich applications which manages and orchestrates the gathering and presentation of network analytics using various types of collectors and reporting software.
The UNUM applications rely primarily on features of the Netvisor ONE such as vFLOWs, mirrors and connections statistics but can also provide analytics in a non-Pluribus environment. At a high-level, the following deployment scenarios are supported:
- Netvisor ONE as a mirror switch; an out-of-band Pluribus switch is configured as a mirror in either an existing Pluribus-switched network or a non-Pluribus-switched network.
- Netvisor ONE as an in-band switch; connection stats are pulled from VFLOWs configured on the switch.
- Collectors gather network analytics and feed data into the UNUM analytics store(s):
- The Collector uses the vREST API to gather the analytics data from Netvisor.
UNUM manages the following applications:
- Common Infrastructure – the main portal launches other applications; provides authentication to the corporate directory (using LDAP); and provides configuration of common settings.
- Insight Analytics – this application provides reporting and search capabilities on data collected from UNUM collectors.
- Switch Analytics – Switch Analytics contains a feature-rich set of management tools providing Traffic Monitoring and Notification services with exceptional drilldown capabilities.
- Fabric Manager – Fabric Manager contains a feature-rich set of management tools providing configuration tools for Layer 1, Layer 2 and Layer 3 services as well as Security, Monitoring, Analytical and Service features.